Black Arm Band is one of Australia’s most important and dynamic Indigenous music organisations, delivering large-scale music theatre productions and regional/remote programs. The Company is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and strategic development. The Board of the Black Arm Band is currently initiating a rigorous recruitment process to identify a new executive team to lead the organisation’s next period of growth and consolidation.
Working as joint-CEO’s the Artistic Director and the Executive Producer, will build upon Black Arm Band’s significant reputation and lead the company to the next level.
It is essential that these positions possess highly developed and practical working knowledge of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultural sector; the Australian performing arts sector; and the national and international arts touring sector; as well as demonstrated and intimate working knowledge of:
- Indigenous cultural protocols and processes – particularly with respect to copyright and contract negotiation;
- operations and management of arts infrastructures and funding processes;
- best-practice human resource management;
- diverse contexts of contract development and negotiation;
- Organisational leadership and key stakeholder relationship management;
- Strategic, business and programming planning including development, implementation and review within artistic and creative contexts;
- Working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders across a number of sectors.
These are fulltime positions, based in Melbourne. Excellent salary package available commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send a cover letter (including contact details for three professional referees), CV and a statement against selection criteria marked “confidential” to email@example.com no later than 5pm on 13 August 2014. For further information and to obtain detailed positions descriptions, please contact
03 9662 9001 or firstname.lastname@example.org