music of the Australian Aboriginal experience
I feel very honoured and very proud to be up there amongst everyone. We are sharing the stage. We’re sharing the strength. You don’t have to be overpowering another one. You don’t have to be the star of the show. We’re all stars. We’re all stars lined up. It’s like looking up at the sky. Which is the best star? You can’t say because they’re all beautiful, see, so that’s what it’s all about. None of us is better than the other. We’re all just great. We’re too good. We’re deadly.
- Ruby Hunter on murundak
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/CO-CEO
Black Arm Band is one of Australia’s most important and dynamic Indigenous music companies, delivering large-scale music theatre productions and regional/remote programs. The Company is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and strategic development. The Board of the Black Arm Band is currently initiating a rigorous recruitment process to identify a new executive team to lead the organisation’s next period of growth and consolidation.
Working as CO-CEO with the Artistic Director, the Executive Producer and will build upon Black Arm Band’s significant reputation and lead the company to the next level.
It is essential that this position possesses highly developed and practical working knowledge of:
- the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultural sector;
- the Australian performing arts sector; and
- the national and international arts touring sector;
with a demonstrated and intimate working knowledge of:
- Indigenous cultural protocols and processes – particularly with respect to diverse contexts of copyright and contract development and negotiation;
- operations and management of arts infrastructures and funding processes;
- best-practice human resource management;
- organisational leadership and key stakeholder relationship management;
- strategic, business and program planning including development, implementation and review within artistic and creative contexts;
- working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders across a number of sectors.
This is a full-time position, based in Melbourne.
Excellent salary package available commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send a cover letter (including contact details for three professional referees), CV and a statement against selection criteria marked “confidential” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 24th October 2014.
Applications MUST address the Selection Criteria contained in the Position Description. For further information and to obtain the detailed position description, please contact 03 9662 9001 or email@example.com
Salary Range: ($70-$90K commensurate with skills and experience)